Another of our long-standing traditions…
Each March, we try to attend at least one day of Major League Baseball’s spring training games.
Spring Training games are played in Florida (Grapefruit League) and Arizona (Cactus League) each year. Usually we drive to all-points Florida to catch the games, but in 2005 we finally made it to Arizona for the first time.
Our Favorite Spring Training Highlights:
- Being able to get up close and personal with the players, the coaches, and even “big” name major leaguers & former coaches who show up unannounced. (We have lots of great close-up photographs!)
- We actually got front row seats once – right over the Cleveland Indians’ dugout… on Jim’s birthday!
- Getting Ivan “Pudge” Rodriguez’s autograph at the Texas Rangers / Cincinnati Reds game in 2000.
- Watching Garth Brooks play for the NY Mets. That was a pretty funny.
- Visiting Arizona for some Spring Training games for a change (instead of Florida)… and taking our friends Neil & Abby with us.
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).