We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Another of our long-standing traditions…
Each March, we try to attend at least one day of Major League Baseball’s spring training games.
Spring Training games are played in Florida (Grapefruit League) and Arizona (Cactus League) each year. Usually we drive to all-points Florida to catch the games, but in 2005 we finally made it to Arizona for the first time.
Our Favorite Spring Training Highlights:
- Being able to get up close and personal with the players, the coaches, and even “big” name major leaguers & former coaches who show up unannounced. (We have lots of great close-up photographs!)
- We actually got front row seats once – right over the Cleveland Indians’ dugout… on Jim’s birthday!
- Getting Ivan “Pudge” Rodriguez’s autograph at the Texas Rangers / Cincinnati Reds game in 2000.
- Watching Garth Brooks play for the NY Mets. That was a pretty funny.
- Visiting Arizona for some Spring Training games for a change (instead of Florida)… and taking our friends Neil & Abby with us.
As a lifelong traveler, I like to help people find unique ways to do things that will save time & money — so I write about "outside the box" Travel Hacks that most wouldn't think of. I'm SUPER organized and I love to pack! I've lived in 6 different states (Florida, Indiana, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, and Texas) and have visited every other state in the U.S. — except Hawaii. (Can you say bucket list?) I've been on several different cruises, airplanes, and boats in my life and I currently enjoy the outdoors by bicycling, motorcycling, Jeeping, RVing, camping, or just walking my dogs. My favorite "hobby" is riding on the back of our Harley-Davidson Road Glide traveling cross country — which we usually do at least once each year. We even rode from Tennessee to Alaska once! When I'm not on the road, you will find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).