Love SUVs? Me too.
But things like energy-efficiency, global warming, and rising gas prices are starting to make me think twice when it comes to motoring around town in an SUV.
Listen to Bud Light’s Real Men of Genius ”Mr. Enormous SUV Driver”:
We drive a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, so it’s not one of those gigantic SUVs or anything. Still… it’s not the best on gas mileage. And there are certainly pro’s and con’s to choosing a Jeep Wrangler, as with any other vehicle on the market these days.
Nevertheless, it’s hard to deny the fun-factor that comes with driving a Jeep!
For those trying to make an informed choice when it comes to SUVs, here are some interesting facts & figures about SUVs…
- Looking For SUV Information? So Are Millions Of Others — Check out these stats & graphs showing precisely what people are looking for when they’re researching SUVs online these days.
- The SUV Reality — Their mission is to apply public shame for environmental gain. They share some good SUV facts & figures, too.
- Some Surprisingly Clean Facts About SUVs — “Contrary to much of what you hear, SUVs are not the safety or environmental villains they are made out to be … Today’s larger vehicles are much cleaner than their older counterparts.”
- Is The SUV Dead? — “When the SUV was in its heyday in the late 1990s, most people who bought them didn’t need a truck with off-road capability, but they purchased them because they were trendy, said David Lucas, vice president of Autodata Corp., which gathers and analyzes auto industry statistics. “The trendiness has passed of having a large SUV,” he said. Sales of the Explorer, the largest-selling mid-sized SUV, dropped 30.7% in the first 8 months of this year compared with the same period last year. TrailBlazer sales were off 30%. The mid-sized SUV segment, which includes 21 vehicles, is down 21% overall from last year.
- SUV Owners Of America — SUVs have a very strong record when it comes to safety, emissions and fuel economy. Here are some myths and facts about SUVs.
- SUVs Suck — The anti-SUV portal. “Freedom of choice is a good thing; Informed, educated choices are an even better thing.”
Here’s more about our fun times in a Jeep Wrangler.