This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The travel segment of the show focused on how you can find great discount travel deals (not sales, mind you) if you just know where to look.
Some of the best takeaways from the video:
- January is a great month to score great travel deals, especially the first few weeks of January. The best time to book a January trip is right now — mid to late December.
- Look for travel packages — they’re not as limiting as most people think.
- Caribbean travel deals — Jamaica and Dominican Republic have the best deals right now
- Hotel deals – 2nd and 3rd night free makes sense. Take advantage of it!
- Europe travel deals — Dublin and Barcelona have the best deals in January and February
- Family of 4 getaways — San Diego and Orlando have the best deals right now
Best tip: When searching for the lowest travel prices online, don’t use “sale” as one of your search words. Instead, use “deal.” The travel industry talks in terms of deals, not sales.
Want more? Check out this video of the best cruise deals during the winter months!
As a lifelong traveler, I like to help people find unique ways to do things that will save time & money — so I write about "outside the box" Travel Hacks that most wouldn't think of. I'm SUPER organized and I love to pack! I've lived in 6 different states (Florida, Indiana, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, and Texas) and have visited every other state in the U.S. — except Hawaii. (Can you say bucket list?) I've been on several different cruises, airplanes, and boats in my life and I currently enjoy the outdoors by bicycling, motorcycling, Jeeping, RVing, camping, or just walking my dogs. My favorite "hobby" is riding on the back of our Harley-Davidson Road Glide traveling cross country — which we usually do at least once each year. We even rode from Tennessee to Alaska once! When I'm not on the road, you will find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).